7 Mistakes We’re All Making In Our Winter Skin Care Routine!
From ‘winter is coming’ to ‘winter is here’, it’s time to welcome the cold weather. Just like the way the temperatures change, so should our routines. While we might follow a certain kind of skincare routine during the summer months, it’s important to keep in mind that these routines need to change during the winter months. Our skin requirements change according to the climate for various reasons. So before it’s too late, remember that you may need to change the way you take care of your skin during the winter.
Here are 7 mistakes we regularly make with our skincare:
1) Using a foam cleanser- While you like the squeaky-clean feeling that a foam cleanser provides us with, you don’t realize the damage it’s doing to your skin. Foam cleansers tend to be harsher while also stripping your skin from its natural oils. While you may feel squeaky clean, the loss of natural oils will inevitably make your skin oilier after regular use.
2) Hot water showers- Having a steamy hot shower on a cold day might make your skin feel nice, warm, and cozy at that moment, but this temporary comfort is followed by dehydrated skin. Blazing hot water showers tend to dehydrate your skin minutes after you have dried off, instead shower with lukewarm water.
3) Do not lick your lips- Cold wind is synonymous with chapped lips. If you do not have a lip balm in hand, do not resort to licking your lips. While saliva can make you feel like you’ve moisturized your lips, it does not. It tends to make your lips dryer.
4) Light serums- As the air turns colder it’s important to switch from a lightweight serum to a heavier moisturizer. For those of you who already suffer from dry and dehydrated skin, the cold air will end up making your skin worse. So to avoid having your skin lose moisture, it’s important to provide it with a barrier that protects it from the winter wind.
5) Oily skin doesn’t need moisturizer- There is no such thing that oily skin doesn’t require moisturizer. The reason our skin produces oil is to compensate for the lack of moisture or hydration. The dryer you leave it the oilier it gets. To make sure that doesn’t happen, use a face moisturizer.
6) Scrubs- It’s important to keep in mind that you need to change your face scrub. Scrubbing your skin in winter with the same scrub you use in the summer may not work at all. Winter is the harsher climate so if you end up using a harsh scrub you may leave your skin dryer and more stretched. Switch to a gentle exfoliant during the winter months.
7) Ignoring Pigments- Dark patches are easily more visible in the winter months. That means your skin has now started to show brown patches or pigmentation. You must always remember to immediately get your skin checked out by a dermatologist. One must never ignore pigmentation on their skin.
These were some easy skincare tricks that you should always keep in mind during the winter months. We all need that glowing skin after all. If you have any tricks you would like to share with us. Feel free to drop a comment in the box below and we’ll have a chat.
For all you beautiful women out there, Fuzia is the right platform for you. It’s a community of women supporting one another to be the best and achieve the best. It’s a safe space to voice your thoughts and opinions too. So sign up now, and download our app!
Check out our article on immunity boosters by clicking here!
If you would like to know more about skincare tips check out this article here!
Image source: Unsplash.com
Originally published at https://www.fuzia.com.