Here are some proven benefits of workout on your mood and immune system!
Here are the benefits of working out and exercise on your mood and immune system.
Did you know that adding a routine walk or a few minutes of exercise can have immense benefits for your overall health and well being? Now, with the kind of lifestyles we lead, we spend most of our time sitting in front of a screen, if not for work then to maintain social relationships. Most of us perform extremely sedentary jobs, with erratic schedules and eating habits. While regular workouts can’t completely cure us all illnesses, but they can make sure we feel better than we do.
Sitting all day and having bare minimum movements, puts us at risk for lifestyle illnesses and various health hazards. While we all know the basic benefits of working out, here are some reminders of how and why working out benefits your immune system and overall health.
6 reasons why working out benefits you:
1. Exercise prevents and manages health conditions: Inspite of whatever weight you are, did you know that every time you engage in physical activities your body releases high-density lipoprotein cholesterol or good cholesterol. While it releases good cholesterol it also reduces bad cholesterol. So basically, it’s a two in one process. It takes out the bad and brings in the good. And this two in one mechanism saves us from cardiovascular diseases.
2. Keeps a check on your mental health- If you are someone who is suffering from mental health issues then exercise is the answer to some of your problems. But keep in mind, you don’t only need to be suffering from mental health issues to engage in some form of physical activity. Even if you’re having a bad day try going for a walk or just stepping outside and engaging in some form of physical activity. When we engage in physical activities there is a burst of chemicals released in our brains which make us feel happier and less anxious. These happy hormones can improve our day. Exercise also tends to make us feel better about our physical appearance which helps boost our self-esteem.
3. Promotes better sleep- Having trouble sleeping? If we don’t sleep properly or get adequate amounts of sleep in the night, we tend to wake up in a bad mood or remain cranky throughout the day. Studies have shown that if you exercise regularly you get better sleep because you’re too physically spent to stay awake.
4. Exercise puts a drive back into your sex life- There are times when we all feel too out of shape or tried to enjoy physical intimacy. Through regular exercise and physical activity, our energy levels increase and so does our confidence about our appearance which will make us feel better about participating in sexual activities. Women who regularly exercise have more energy for sexual activities.
5. Working out is social- Exercise and physical activities can be extremely social. You don’t need to work out alone. With our busy schedules it’s hard to make time for meeting friends and family, so instead invite them for a jog or a workout session. And joining a dance class or a workout class will help you make it more social and interactive.
6. Exercise removes all bacteria from your body- Any form of physical activity helps flush out bacteria from the lungs and airways, therefore reducing the risk of respiratory illnesses. Working out causes changes in antibodies and white blood cells. Working out also reduces the release of stress hormones which also reduces the risk of illnesses.
While regular exercise is good, remember that excessive working out is not good for you. Excessive activity can harm your body so please remember to do it in moderation. Exercise will make you feel healthier and more energetic. So go for that walk and you will feel better about it.
If you have any thoughts on this topic feel free to drop a comment in the box below and we will have a chat.
Read our article on winter skincare by clicking here.
If you want to know more about the benefits of working out click here
For all you beautiful women out there, Fuzia is the right platform for you. It’s a community of women supporting one another to be the best and achieve the best. It’s a safe space to voice your thoughts and opinions too. So sign up now, and download our app.
Image Credits: unsplash.com
Originally published at https://www.fuzia.com.