How Can Scented Candles Help You With Stress and Anxiety?
Most of us believe that scented candles are just pieces of decor- however, they are also extremely beneficial to get rid of stress and anxiety. Read on to find out more-
Believe it or not, our perception of scents plays a big role in how we’re affected by them. Different scents will bring about different responses due to the way your brain associates that smell with other things- Plus when it comes down to creating an enjoyable mood in your home or office you want there to be something else negatively impactful called stress!
This is why it’s beneficial to burn candles at home and even at work. One recent study has shown some amazing results while using this technique to lower overall levels of stress experienced during certain situations by individuals who must deal with high levels of personal interactions on a daily basis such as retail assistants.
We are outlining the 7 benefits of burning scented candles and how you can deal with stress and anxiety.
1. They create a peaceful ambience: Burning scented candles create a low, calming ambience that creates a relaxed atmosphere. It can help relieve tension and stress in a room. Coloured candles can create an exciting ambience and make your decor much more interesting, especially when you combine them with some garden plants to add colour to the table setting for example. Then you have some tea lights and the room will be much better.
2. Help professionals in spas and therapy: Many healers and massage professionals use candles to create a tranquil experience in their facilities. This helps to refocus our minds and relieve stress. To feel this at home the next time you feel stressed or overwhelmed, light a candle and take deep breaths for 60 seconds or longer- this will help reset your mind and calm your thoughts.
3. Enhance your space: Many people are passionate about the look of their homes. The way a room looks is of high significance to a lot of us, and finding that perfect piece to add to your decor can be quite challenging. Candles are an elegant finishing touch that is guaranteed to alter the whole feel in any given space! You have a wide range of options as well as limitless possibilities when it comes down to determining how you want your space to look. Making such a huge choice such as this can be difficult, but with candles and all other things being open for debate on which products will end up enhancing your space best there really is no wrong choice — they’re all great!
4. Good for your mental health: Self-care and mental health are important aspects of maintaining an overall healthy lifestyle. There is more delightful to be found in a scented candle, and one of the ways to achieve this is by choosing your candles very wisely from carefully selected ingredients, with the self-respecting commitment of keeping things humane.
5. Beneficial for meditation: The use of candles in meditation can be extremely beneficial, especially during times when one is trying to quiet their mind in order to get into a receptive state of being. Just like with other forms of prayer spanning all the different religions that have been around for millennia, it is easy to see how lighting a candle in order to elevate oneself closer to heaven or the divine can enhance this type of practice — either through visualization or conveying messages or prayers merely by focusing on its flame.
6. Help in expressing: There’s much more to scented candles than many people realize. Just like everyone has a different fashion or music taste, they also have different scent preferences. Some of us even smell scents differently than others so why not be free to indulge in your own unique style? Display your individuality and personality by burning the scent of your choice.
7. Keep your memories intact: Scent is part of what makes the world a rich sensory experience, with olfaction being linked to memory. For example, you might recall riding through wheat fields with nothing but clear skies overhead and the smell of tar in your nostrils after spending summers as a child on your grandparents’ farm. Imagine how comforting it is to light a candle for the deceased after losing someone close. It allows us not only to celebrate life but also to remember those who are dealing with loss knowing that they’re never alone.
Ultimately, scented candles have many different uses. They aren’t just items that emit fragrance; they’re also therapeutic tools that can make you feel calmer and more at ease with the pressures of your daily life as well as a source of light in your life.
If you use scented candles, then express their benefits with us on the Fuzia website or sign up for the Fuzia community to connect with like-minded women and to read more such insightful content. You can also sign up on Fuzia or download our App today!
Image Credits: www.pexels.com